Monday, December 17, 2012

Senna - 2010



 Chandler - 12/17/12

I don't watch racing. So I'm not really knowledgeable about the history of Formula One or Ayrton Senna. Apparently the guy was awesome back in the late 1980's and early 90's. Senna is a documentary of his racing career. What surprised me was how many cameras they had on this guy throughout his life, private vacations, closed door meetings with the racing foundation etc etc. I guess camcorders were starting to get big so people filmed everything. It makes for a very compelling story, and it's a great documentary. Watch it. Learn something.

Rating - 3

_____________________________


 Geoff - 12/20/12

The story of Senna was great. He was an amazing talent that seemed to get better as conditions got worse. He loved the ladies and drove fearlessly. The only problem with Senna, the movie, is the production quality was horrible. I'm not just talking about old footage, I mean the pace of the movie could have been edited better, the interviews seems awkward at times... It seemed a bit like a school project to me in that department. It's definitely worth watching, I just think it could have been made better.

Rating - 2

No comments: