Monday, January 14, 2013

Let the Right One In - 2008


Chandler - 1/14/13

A Swedish vampire movie released the same year as Twilight? How unfortunate.

Anyway, Let the Right One In is listed as a horror movie. I hate horror movies. I'm such a wuss and I watch with my hand covering my face most of the time. But this film isn't that scary. So as far as being a good horror film... I think it fails. But it is a good vampire movie, even if it's kinda slow like The Sixth Sense.

Some little kid, Oskar, gets bullied at school. He spends his days dripping snot from his nose and pretending to stab his classmates with a knife he carries. One day a 12 year old girl (played by 12-year old female Elijah Wood) moves in. Turns out she's a vampire and little Oskar finally has a friend.

The vampire is named "Eli." For "Elijah Wood."

What little special effects there are in the movie are done well. It won't blow you away... but you can add Sweden to the list of places not worth visiting.

Rating - 2

No comments: